About This Course
Brad Merrill has been building things on the web for well over a decade. In 2010, he started a blog about technology and innovation, and in just a couple of years it grew into a large publication with staff and revenue, serving more than half a million monthly readers. His work has been present on Techmeme and cited by a number of notable blogs and publications, including the Wall Street Journal.
In this course, Brad condenses ten years of trial and error into a simple blueprint designed to help you build a successful blog.
- 1. Course Trailer/Preview
- 2. Course Intro – START HERE
- 3. How To Use This Course
- 4. [Preparation] The Mindset Of A Successful Blogger
- 5. [Preparation] Choosing A Topic And Planning A Content Strategy
- 6. [Preparation] Naming And Branding Your Blog
- 7. [Technology] Why You Should Use WordPress For Your Blog
- 8. [Technology] Domain Names And Web Hosting
- 9. [Technology] How To Install WordPress In Less Than 5 Minutes
- 10. [Technology] Exploring The WordPress Dashboard
- 11. [Technology] WordPress Settings
- 12. [Technology] WordPress Themes
- 13. [Technology] WordPress Plugins
- 14. [Technology] Security And Backups
- 15. [Technology] Analytics And Data
- 16. Content Intro
- 17. [Content] How To Write Amazing Blog Posts
- 18. [Content] Where To Find Content Ideas And Inspiration
- 19. [Content] 20 Types Of Content You Can Create For Your Blog
- 20. [Content] How Often Should You Post?
- 21. [Content] Alternative Content Formats
- 22. [Content] How To Generate An Endless Stream Of Fresh Content
- 23. Promotion Intro
- 24. [Promotion] Basic WordPress SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 25. [Promotion] Social Media For Bloggers
- 26. [Promotion] 12 Content Promotion Strategies You Can Use To Grow Your Audience
- 27. [Email List] Why You Need An Email List
- 28. [Email List] Which Email Marketing Service Should You Use?
- 29. [Email List] How To Get People To Opt Into Your List
- 30. [Email List] 15 Effective Strategies You Can Use To Grow Your Email List
- 31. [Email List] What Should You Send To Your Email Subscribers?
- 32. Revenue Intro
- 33. [Revenue] 5 Revenue Models You Can Use To Build A Business Around Your Blog
- 34. The Next Steps