Thank you for taking the time to view this course on how to build your own personal computer! I have been building my own computers for nearly 10 years now, and it is both a valuable skill & extremely fun to do! Understanding the inner-workings of a computer will help you troubleshoot problems, build superior custom PC’s, save money selecting your own components, and elevate your technical skills!
If you work in an office or some other administrative job, chances are you spend most of your day using a computer. In fact, computers are typically the most used piece of equipment in both our personal & business lives. I have worked in corporations where administrators were often at the mercy of the IT department, because people in general know very little about how computers actually work. So, learn how to build your very own personal computer today, and level up your technical skills!
- 1. Welcome To The Course!
- 2. [Basics] Why Security Matters
- 3. [Basics] The Importance Of Multi-Layer Security
- 4. [Basics] The Most Common Security Threats
- 5. [Habits] Developing The Right Mindset And Habits For Good Security
- 6. [Habits] The Importance Of Skepticism
- 7. [Habits] Avoiding Malicious Sites And Applications
- 8. [Habits] Why Software Updates Matter
- 9. [Habits] Knowing (And Limiting) Yourself
- 10. [Smartphones] Why Mobile Security Matters
- 11. [Smartphones] Setting Up A Passcode Lock
- 12. [Smartphones] Managing Third-Party App Permissions
- 13. [Smartphones] Locating A Lost Or Stolen Smartphone
- 14. [Passwords] The Importance Of Password Security
- 15. [Passwords] The 25 Most Common Passwords
- 16. [Passwords] Best Practices For Strong Password Security
- 17. [Passwords] Using A Password Manager
- 18. [2FA] What Is Two-Factor Authentication?
- 19. [2FA] Types Of Mobile Two-Factor Authentication
- 20. [2FA] LastPass Two-Factor Authentication
- 21. [2FA] Google Two-Factor Authentication
- 22. [2FA] Facebook Two-Factor Authentication
- 23. [2FA] Twitter Two-Factor Authentication
- 24. [2FA] Two-Factor Authentication For Other Services
- 25. [Connected Apps] The Danger Of Rogue Connected Apps
- 26. [Connected Apps] Managing Connected Apps On Google
- 27. [Connected Apps] Managing Connected Apps On Facebook
- 28. [Connected Apps] Managing Browser Extensions/Addons
- 29. [Connected Apps] Staying Secure With Third-Party Apps And Extensions
- 30. [Encryption] What Is Encryption?
- 31. [Encryption] How SSL (HTTPS) Protects Your Passwords And Private Data
- 32. [Encryption] Encrypting Your Web Traffic With A Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- 33. [Encryption] How To Encrypt Your Computer’s Hard Drive
- 34. [Encryption] How To Encrypt Your Smartphone
- 35. The Next Steps