Take your filmmaking to a whole new level by mastering timelapse videography with award-winning videographer Drew Geraci! In this one-hour class, you’ll go behind-the-scenes with Drew as he reveals tips, tricks, and his full process for creating an amazing timelapse. Bite-sized lessons cover:
- Equipment selection and intervalometer essentials
- Scouting and storyboarding for narrative flow
- On-location setup and shooting for 2 timelapse styles (stationary and motion-controlled)
- Editing in Adobe Lightroom and After Effects
Mastering timelapse will unlock so many skills for your storytelling — bending time, transitioning scenes, setting pace, and more — and this class is the perfect opportunity to dive in, shoot your city, and master this core skill.
Note: While this class is open to all skill levels. It’s recommended that students have a basic working knowledge of their DSLR camera.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Why Timelapse?
- 3. Equipment
- 4. Scouting and Storyboarding
- 5. Basic Setup
- 6. Advanced Setup
- 7. Shooting a Stationary Timelapse
- 8. Shooting a Motion Controlled Timelapse
- 9. Stationary Timelapse: Part I – Lightroom
- 10. Stationary Timelapse: Part II – After Effects
- 11. Motion-Controlled Timelapse
- 12. Final Thoughts
- 13. Bonus: NYC Skillshare Timelapse #1
- 14. Bonus: NYC Skillshare Timelapse #2