Edit Like a Pro: Photoshop for Photographers
OVER TWO HOURS OF DETAILED PHOTOSHOP INSTRUCTION!
Photoshop is the undisputed heavy-weight champ of image editing software for photographers around the world. In fact, as a tool of modern photography, many photographers value Photoshop just as much as their camera!
There is no doubt that Photoshop is a tremendously powerful tool, but without guidance, it can also be tremendously complicated. Learning Photoshop is not as simple as jumping right in – there is no magic “fix photo” button. Instead, you have to start on the right foot and develop an effective workflow to truly release the full potential of Photoshop.
Photoshop is also a very versatile tool, used for tons of tasks that have nothing to do with actual photographs or photography. In this class, we are going to skip all of that and purely concentrate on the critical skills needed by photographers, photography enthusiasts, and other creative industry professionals to edit photographs with Photoshop.
You will learn everything you need to know to start editing your photography like the pros.
What You’ll Learn
This Photoshop course is specifically tailored for photographers, but you don’t have to be a pro. Photography enthusiasts and other creative professionals can also learn how to effectively edit photos.
I’m going to share the key tools, techniques, and workflow that you need to improve your own photography with Photoshop. You’ll learn Photoshop color correction techniques, Photoshop photo editing techniques, as well as other tips and tricks that create more beautiful, polished photographs.
This class is not a brief summary of editing pictures for Photoshop beginners. It’s an in-depth examination of the workflow of professional photography—from start to finish. We will go through the step-by-step process of editing two complete photographs in Photoshop, including all of the core tools and techniques used by professional photographers.
By the end of these Photoshop lessons, you will have the knowledge needed to effectively incorporate Photoshop into your photography workflow, and the confidence necessary to further explore some of the more advanced features of Photoshop on your own.
- Setting up Your Workspace. Overview of the Photoshop user interfaces with an emphasis on setting up an efficient workspace for photography post-production.
- Editing in Layers. Unlocking the power of editing in layers in a non-destructive workflow.
- Photo Adjustment Tools and Filters. A detailed guide to the most popular and most useful adjustment tools and filters for photography edits.
- Photo Adjustment Techniques. A step-by-step photo editing example that uses each of the core adjustment tools and filters needed to effectively adjust photographs in Photoshop.
- Correction Tools – Healing, Cloning Patching, and Moving. A comprehensive introduction to the key tools needed to make corrections to problem areas, heal imperfections, clone out unwanted items, move and remove items from an image, and content-aware fill.
- Removing Problem Areas. A step-by-step photo editing example of removing unwanted problem areas from a photograph using all of the key selection, healing, cloning and moving tools.
- The resolution, Cropping and Saving. Understanding photo resolution, cropping images, and properly saving edited photographs for the web and print.
- NEW – Bonus Tricks! A roundup of my favorite Photoshop tricks that I use every day. Making skies pop, fixing motion blur, touching up natural light photos and facial retouching with the adjustment brush, getting killer contrast…
What You’ll Do
You will put the concepts that you’re learning to use right away to edit your own photos in Photoshop, which you can then share with your classmates for feedback as you go.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- 1. Trailer
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Overview Of Photo Editing Techniques
- 4. Setting Up Your Workspace
- 5. Editing In Layers
- 6. Photo Adjustment Techniques
- 7. Photo Adjustment Techniques
- 8. Correction Tools – Cloning Healing Patching and Moving
- 9. Removing Problem Areas
- 10. Resolution, Cropping and Saving
- 11. Bonus Techniques!