Information. It runs our lives. But what if things were turned the other way around…
This is a class about Information — your Information.
More specifically, this is a class about Information Management.
What’s that? you might ask.
To me, Information Management defines three tasks: Search, Storage and Retrieval.
Here’s how it works.
From out of seeming chaos (i.e. your computer disk drive or the Internet) you Search for and begin to organize Information. But you typically only do this once, because the next step is to Store that Information into well named data structures (i.e. Directories and Files) — that support easy access. The next time you need the Information there is no need to Search again since the Information you need has been Stored for easy Retrieval.
This class describes Microsoft Windows 10 Information Search, Storage and Retrieval using File Explorer. The class is Windows specific and addresses the following topics:
- Windows 10 Application Search and Pinning
- Overview of the Microsoft Windows 10 File Explorer
- Manageable Directory Structures and File Naming Conventions
- Data Management Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- File Name and File Type Searches with File Explorer
That’s it. Short and sweet.
- If you’re just going to enroll your 200th SkillShare class and then store it away and never watch it, why not enroll in this class?
- If you’re actually going to commit to watching the next SkillShare class you enroll in (i.e. this one) why not enroll in a short one (i.e. this one) that you’re likely to complete.
- Okay, here comes a bit of a stretch… If you’re willing to enroll in this course and watch it… please leave a a thumbs up if you liked it.
That’s it for your part.
So, what’s my part of the contract? you might ask.
How about if I offer:
- Quality information delivered in a clear and well-paced manner at a reasonable price
- Exemplary student support after you purchase the course
Sorry, that’s all you get this time… wait a second… that’s everything I have to offer! Argh! Not again!
Seriously, take the course and see if it teaches you something.
I’ll see you in the classroom