Introduction to General Networking
The course offers a hands-on learning experience with an emphasis on practical activities.
Do you want to buy an IP Camera (home surveillance system) or a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device? Maybe you want to learn how to configure your home router and enable port forwarding? Do you want to improve your Wi-Fi connection or test your Internet link? You’ve come to the right place!
In addition, General Networking Training provides a learning pathway to the Cisco, Microsoft, and CompTIA certificates.
Re-recorded in March 2017, more lectures, more gadgets, and devices! Now includes:
– How and where you can host a website (WordPress)
– GPS trackers and spying applications
– Antivirus applications
– Windows Server 2016
– 802.11ac – a real lab with an Asus router!
The main objective of this course is to provide you with a basic understanding of computer network technologies and concepts. You will learn how to apply all these skills in real-world situations.
High-quality materials: videos and documents that will help you understand all topics. All designed by an experienced Network Security Engineer. The course emphasizes the practical application of skills needed to understand and troubleshoot a Small Office / Home Office network. Learn about Dynamic DNS, Remote Support Tools (VNC, Teamviewer, Radmin), wireless security, switches, firewalls, cables, and Internet connections.
- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- 01- What is a computer network
- 02-Do I have a router at home
- 03- What is a switch Do I need it
- 04- A wireless access point
- 05- Firewalls and UTMs
- 06- Networking hardware
- 07- The Internet is down Tools and tips
- 08- Basic Router configuration
- 09- Basic Router configuration advanced options Part 1
- 10- Basic Router configuration advanced options Part 2
- 11- Lets connect our Router to the Internet
- 12- Port forwarding
- 13-Dynamic DNS let’s connect to the network from the outside world
- 14- IP Cameras home surveillance
- 15- We are buying a NAS device
- 16- Introduction to wireless
- 17- Wireless security
- 18- How to test and improve your wireless network
- 19- Where to start with a Microsoft Server
- 20- Shares and permissions
- 21- Active Directory and Domain Controllers
- 22-Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- 23- Let’s summarize the series then
- 24- Unboxing of the Router
- 25- Will I get 500Mbps
- 26- A review of a business class access point
- 27- An Interview with an IT Engineer
- 28-Remote Support Tools
- 29-What is a Server
- 30- NEW! Learn basic subnetting