This online photo editing course will teach you how to improve your images by mastering photographic exposure and how to enhance your photos further in a seamless way, simply producing stunning images to impress your clients. Taking full advantage of the data stored in your RAW files allows great level of control and flexibility during the post processing stage.
I know it doesn’t take much to get overwhelmed by technical explanations on exposure compensation. However complicated it might sound – believe me, it is pretty straightforward process. It is crucial for any aspiring photographer to know the mechanics behind a good exposure. In this course I will break for you the complex process into small, easy to digest blocks.
The course takes an active, hands-on approach, it covers a complete creative edit of a high quality landscape image. Regardless of what your level of experience is, this in-depth course is designed to teach you professional editing techniques in an easy, approachable way. I will walk you step by step through a complete photo editing workflow, making complex techniques easy to grasp.
Unlike other photography classes that are focusing on “pushing sliders”, this course teaches you how to approach your photo editing workflow in a comprehensive way. Behind every successful image stands a strong creative idea, an “action plan”.
With this course I will help you to elevate your work to a new level of professionalism and impact.
When you join me in the course you will have at your disposal high quality supporting RAW image to start the course on the spot without time wasted on searching for resources. I provide you with:
- original RAW file and a high resolution
- layered TIFF
You can access the supporting files anytime to see the final edit including every single step I have taken to obtain it.
Ready? Let’s get started!
- 1. Course overview
- 2. Introduction to the course
- 3. Human Eye vs DSLR – How Do They See The World
- 4. Your New Best Friend: Histogram
- 5. Histogram Analysis – Underexposed Image
- 6. Histogram Analysis – Low Key Image
- 7. Histogram Analysis – Overexposed Image
- 8. Histogram Analysis – High Key Image
- 9. Histogram Analysis – Low Contrast Image
- 10. Histogram Analysis – Low Contrast Image – Corrected 8 bit vs 16 bit
- 11. The Exposure Triangle
- 12. The Exposure Triangle – ISO
- 13. The Exposure Triangle – Shutter Speed
- 14. The Exposure Triangle – Aperture
- 15. Introduction to the Manual Exposure
- 16. Metering Modes
- 17. Manual Exposure Metering
- 18. How Camera Meter Works
- 19. Manual Metering and Exposure Compensation
- 20. Introduction to the Creative Exposure
- 21. Creative Exposure – Aperture & Depth Of Field
- 22. Creative Over & Underexposure
- 23. Creative Exposure – Shutter Speed & Movement
- 24. Auto Exposure Modes
- 25. Exposure Compensation
- 26. First Things First
- 27. ACR: Opening RAW File
- 28. ACR: Fixing Perspective Distortions
- 29. ACR: Noise Correction
- 30. ACR: Chromatic Aberration Correction
- 31. ACR: Contrast Adjustments
- 32. ACR: Color Adjustments – Split Toning
- 33. ACR: Selective Adjustments
- 34. ACR: Saving Work
- 35. Quick Intro to Photoshop Edit
- 36. PS: Local Luminosity Adjustments
- 37. PS: Local Detail Enhancement
- 38. PS: Contrast Enhancement
- 39. PS: Color Enhancement
- 40. PS: Luminosity & Vibrance Adjustments
- 41. PS: Adding a Vignette
- 42. PS: Final Touches & Conclusion