Are you a black and white photography lover? So am I!, Its’ unique timeless beauty and cinematic look are more popular now than ever.
I have created a series of 8 classes to teach you how to convert your favorite images to b&w like a pro with Photoshop.
This is the 1st class opening the series of 8 – “Photography Classics: Artistic Black and White Conversion Techniques in Photoshop.” In this class, you will learn the basic principles behind b&w conversions. If you’ve ever wanted to know “why photographers shoot in b&w” or “what does that mean to see in b&w“ – take this class and I’ll answer your questions!
Learn the whole range of the most powerful and flexible black and white conversion techniques; Starting with the 1-step techniques you’ll gradually work towards the most powerful tools.
- You will be working in “non-destructive” way with Adjustment Layers to massively speed up the editing work;
- You will master the most effective and flexible Photoshop tool in terms of photo editing – The Curves Tool
- You will learn how to blend multiple adjustments in a seamless way in one image with help of masking techniques
- You will learn how to evaluate tonal range in your images with the Histogram Tool and you will be using it as a basic reference in your workflow
- You will achieve stunning results with your images and develop your artistic skills
See you in the class! 🙂
- 1. Class Overview
- 2. WHY to convert to B&W?
- 3. WHAT does that mean “to see in B&W”?
- 4. HOW to convert an image to B&W?
- 5. The Desaturate Method
- 6. The Hue Saturation Method
- 7. The Grayscale Method
- 8. RGB Color Mode
- 9. Photoshop Channels Tool
- 10. The LAB Method
- 11. The Hue Saturation Method – Non-destructive
- 12. The Twin Hue Saturation Method
- 13. The Gradient Map Method
- 14. The Channel Mixer Method
- 15. The BW Tool
- 16. The Camera RAW Method
- 17. Summary