This course will cover all aspects of IPv4. Students will learn IP addressing, Subnetting, VLSM, Route Summarization, Wildcard Masking, common Network equipment, basic Router administrative commands, configuring Router interfaces, planning a Network infrastructure and many other topics that are important and needed, not just for certification purposes, but also for real world scenarios.
The course will also show students how to assign IP addresses to PC’s and Routers. As well as gaining an understanding of the TCP/IP properties such as gateways.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course. Students have other options like GNS3, BOSOM or Live Equipment.
This is a lecture based course using hands on labs. My method will make you feel like you are sitting in a classroom environment and give you some hands on experience.
Handouts and labs will be available to facilitate learning and practice.
My IPv4 course will help you in becoming comfortable with, not only with the IPv4 protocol, but it will also help you in preparing for any networking certification and Computer Science Degree; not to mention the fact, that for those that are going for a Cisco certification exam, it will help you in calculating IP addresses without a calculator, since a calculator is NOT allowed in a testing site.. This method should expedite the way you convert in order to make you faster, better and stronger to pass the test!
Please be aware that I have authored a book on IPv4 that is available on AMAZON called “The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!”. For those interested, this book along with this course, will help you achieve a greater understanding of this still relevant protocol.
(Please always check the ANNOUNCEMENTS section for new updates and events, since I am always letting you guys know of my newest and latest endeavors).
See you in the course!
- 1. Introduction to the IPv4 Course
- 2. Introductio to Section
- 3. Common harware used in a network
- 4. What is an IP Address?
- 5. Special IP Addresses
- 6. Classes of IP Addresses
- 7. The Subnetmask
- 8. Summary of Section
- 9. Introduction to Section
- 10. CIDR to Dotted Decimal Conversions
- 11. Planning your Infrastructure
- 12. Assigning your IP’s to end Devices
- 13. Summary of Section
- 14. Introduction to Section
- 15. Basic Router Configurations
- 16. Configuring a Router Interface
- 17. Private IP’s vs Public IP’s
- 18. Summary of Section
- 19. Intro to Subnetting Section
- 20. Need for Subnetting
- 21. How do we Subnet?
- 22. Different classes of IPv4 Addresses
- 23. The Magical Line
- 24. Summary of Section
- 25. Intro to Summarization
- 26. How to Summarize Binary way
- 27. Importance of Summarization
- 28. S6L28 Summary of Section
- 29. Intro to VLSM Section
- 30. What is VLSM?
- 31. How do we Calculate VLSM?
- 32. Summary of Section
- 33. Intro to Wilcard Masking
- 34. How to calculate Wildcard masking?
- 35. Examples of using Wildcard Masking
- 36. Summary of Section
- 37. Summary of Course